Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Thursday, December 07, 2006

We went on Tuesday and picked our light fixtures. We picked the cheapest of everything except for the kitchen and living room. We tried to find something cheap and yet still nice to look at and every time we think we found that, well, the store didn't have them. So we had to go up a bit in price. They are nice. Wilfred wanted lighting that pointed the bulbs down. I wanted lighting that the bulbs were pointed up so that the direct light was not blinding.

I think someone else commented to Wilfred on the bulbs pointing up and he decided that was okay and we made a decision. The light in the ktichen is the same as the livingroom light except one has 3 light bulbs and the other has five. We have a light over the kitchen sink and the fixture for that matches the other two light fixtures. They look like brushed pewter.

Last night, (Wednesday) we went and picked up paint. We didn't want a starch white so we asked for something to be added to avoid that. Well the sample that we saw is nothing like the paint that is going on the wall. The colour that is going on the walls would not be something we would ever choose but it will look nice I am sure.

We also have a toilet set up temporarily, with a door that locks. Noah was very excited about this and had to flush it to make sure it worked. Joshua had a turn the day before. He also wanted me to put a picture of him in his bedroom. I had taken a picture of him in what will be his bedroom around the second week of November. He is wearing a hard hat that a volunteer gave him to wear. He was so proud of the hat. In Noah's room one of the pictures that I took you can see the picture sitting on the window cill.

I uploaded some new pictures to the online photo album. Just before I left tonight, I took a picture of our room and the paint. The hallway looking down towards our linen/broom closet and I stood in each corner of the livingroom/kitchen area and took a picture and one picture from the outside door looking into the kitchen/living arear. Here is the link if you have time. The last 22 pictures are from December 6 and 7th. http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cjlast@rogers.com/album?.dir=2855re2
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home