Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Last evening we met the architect. He was really nice and seemed to have lots of ideas. He is going to try to incorporate a garage since we will not have a basement. The bottom floor will not go the full length of the house. His idea is for that level to have the bedrooms for the older kids and a bathroom. Maybe storage and the garage be attached to that. The next floor will be the main living space with an open concept living room and kitchen. Our bedroom and Noah's bedroom will be on that floor with a bathroom that is wheelchair accessible. The architect would like to see a laundry room on the main level of the house as well. I would like that as well. Somehow it will be ramped for the wheelchair. Off the living room/kitchen area there will be a deck. We meet again on Wednesday. He will have a drawing to show us but not with the garage in the plans. That is something he is going to change.

I do not see, in my head, his ideas. I can't imagine it. I am positive his ideas are great though because I have been in one house he designed and it is really great.

He told us the property has not actually been purchased and once it is purchased a lot has to be done before a build can actually begin. It is a very rocky ground. Large rocks. The land is not ideal for trying to put in a basement. To level the land a lot of digging will have to be done. There is a hydro pole that will have to be moved as well and the wires moved elsewhere because the house would hit the wires. He also mentioned something about the city having to do something with the water lines. Making sure there are connections for water and sewage.

I will certainly have pictures each step of the way. I took pictures of the property yesterday and I will add them to our blog as soon as I figure out how to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home